Friday, November 5, 2010

Whippets on the run

I just finished this painting this morning:


I am calling the dogs whippets but maybe they are greyhounds. I am not too hot on canine breeds. Anyway they are the racy sort of which there are a lot in the Witterings area. I may yet return to them to give them large grey spots.

And replace the photo because the ultramarine, though pretty vibrant, is not quite as Mediterranean as it looks here. Much better to take it again on a cloudy day but I was in a hurry to publish it and give it an identity outside the studio, if that makes any sense.

It's got a very clean-cut feel because I originally built up the image clipping out paper shapes and moving them around. I think I have said before how much I love cutting out bits of paper.
Now I'm off to hoover up all the debris and try not to suck up the rejected bits of dogs, birds and clouds that are luking under the table and may come in useful for working out another picture.

Deary me. Is this a proper job for a grown-up?

No comments:

Post a Comment