Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Seen through a collage, darkly

Oooh look at that heading .... all this TV Shakespeare must be rubbing off on me!
Anyway, at last a return to the paintbrush, as you see:


Not sure if it's any good but it's what I've had in mind for a while: re-interpreting my collages (which after all are themselves interpretations) in paint. But in this case (and possibly others) pared back and darker.

I daresay it wouldn't do to go back to a photograph and compare this finished article wth the actual building. But then it isn't meant to be a faithful reproduction. Just a spartan and naive echo of Haworth Parsonage.

An interpretation of an interpretation. A dream of a dream. Never mind Shakespeare, now I'm veering into Freud. Though in fact I do remember reading, many years ago and possibly in a preface to Wuthering Heights, about the enormous significance of windows and doors in the Brontes' work.

I wouldn't mind betting walls are pretty Freudian too ...

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see you have a door! (You know what that means). Great post and house portrait.

    ReplyDelete