Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Birdland

Having just heard a hoopoe calling for the first time in ages I will celebrate by posting my hoopoe painting.

Paradise Flowers, Paradise Birds
I was beginning to think they had abandoned us after one of our cats did for one of them a while back.

Yesterday a family of five partridges landed on the stables roof and walked the length of it Indian file, making comical little gobbling noises between themselves, while the cats watched on, gobsmacked at the sight. I am mulling the unexpected vision over in the back of my mind for future pictorial reference.

Meanwhile my miniatures collection is growing with an emphasis today on another species of bird: seagulls.

And out in the wider world, beyond the banana groves, a general strike is taking place ...

No comments:

Post a Comment