Friday, September 2, 2011

Newstead Abbey with a ghoul and ghost garnish

All of a sudden it is coming together.


I was getting a bit worried that this would be the first writer's house I would have to give up on but I really applied myself to the scissors and drawing board yesterday and got the architectural bit largely sorted. 

Then went through my "maybe" pile of cuttings I had set aside, found something that jumped out at me for clouds and once I framed the bottom with some National Geo underwater vegetation from no idea what part of the planet it all clicked into place. 

Nothing is certain yet, of course. Not till it gets aerolsoled or Pritted down. 
I like the flying skulls, an idea lifted from a doodle in my book which originally came (I think) from a Fuseli engraving. 


Amusingly Gothick.
I want to camp it up a la Byron.
He was such a poser.

1 comment:

  1. Like the shrubbery in the foreground. That is one large, impressive house! I knew you'd make it work.

    ReplyDelete